Quality Control Technician: Trappe, MD
Category: Quality Inspector
Position Purpose Summary: The Quality Technician is responsible for daily in-process assessments of the integrity and quality of the product, ensuring GMP requirements are met. This is a temp to perm job opportunity. Pay is $11.50
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate and complete records of work performed such as daily production checklist on all equipment. Some checklists include metal detection, SSOPs and other pre-requisite programs.
- Monitor inbound product; complete receiving reports in a timely and effective manner.
- Recognize and take action to correct apparent discrepancies found in product/process inspection. Notify quality manager when discrepancies are found. Place product on hold if necessary.
- Complete daily GMP Pre-Operational checklist and GMP daily inspection sheets.
- Verify product codes for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor all traffic hurdles and document findings on a daily basis.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner to meet or exceed OSHA standards.
- Follows SOP, GMP and Federal and State regulations
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Above average skills in attendance
- Basic computer processing skills
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Word, Excel & Adobe PDF.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
Physical Demands of the Position:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee must possess manual dexterity required for using hand tools and operating machinery; ability to lift up to 50 pounds; able to stand or walk for prolonged periods.
- While performing duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to wet and slippery floors, occasionally moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud; variable temperatures of both heat and cold.