Maintenance Technician: Salisbury MD
Position Purpose Summary: Maintenance Technicians are responsible for general maintenance and repairs within the facility. They must also be able to communicate and preform well with others. This is a temp to perm job opportunity. Pay is $18.00 an hour.
Shift: 4p-12a Monday-Friday
*Must have a clean background, pass a drug test, and provide a resume, HS diploma/transcript or GED
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Serve the needs of customers and all stakeholders
- Adhere to all Food Safety and GMP Policies
- Use/wear all personal protective equipment required by the company.
- Perform greasing and lubrication on equipment and fill out the proper support documentation.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance duties and fill out the proper support documentation.
- Comply with company required safety training to include but not limited to: GMP practices, lockout/tagout, proper lifting, and other safety training.
- Assist other departments as needed
- Perform basic mechanical, plumbing and electrical tasks
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in basic mechanical, plumbing and electrical skills
- Experience with welding
- Above average skills in attendance
- Other: must be able to work independently
Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Documentation required
- Years of experience: 2
Physical Demands of the Position:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this position the employee must be able to work in multiple climates and work environments including, but not limited to: dirt, heat, freezer, smoke/steam, noise, vibration, grease/oil, fumes, dust/shavings, and wet environments; variable temperatures of both heat and cold.