Threading Machine Operators: Federalsburg, MD
Posted: September 18, 2018
Category: Machine Operator, Manufacturing, Production
Currently seeking candidates for multiple positions open in Federalsburg, MD for Threading Machine Operators…
- Threading Machine Operator – Sets up and operates single- or multiple-spindle threading machine to thread and chamfer cylindrical stock according to specification
- Selects, installs, and adjusts threading die, die cutters, chamfering tools, feed grips, pressure tripping mechanism, cams, gears and pulleys, using screwdrivers and wrenches.
- Lifts pre-cut stock manually or with hoist and positions and secures stock in chuck jaws.
- Starts machine and moves hand wheel or lever to alternately feed stock on each spindle. Verifies dimensions of work pieces with specifications, using fixed gauges and scale.
- May also sharpen die cutters on grinding wheel.
- May also be designated by type of stock threaded as Bolt-Threading-Machine Operator (machine shop), Nipple-Machine Operator (machine shop), Pipe-Threading-Machine Operator (machine shop).
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
- Monitor machines during procedure to ensure optimum running
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
- Perform safety checks
- Ensure machines are producing quality product
- $12/hour to start
- Hours: Monday thru Thursday 6 am – 4:30 pm
- Will train right candidate with machine operating or mechanical background
****THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM OPPORTUNITY WITH PAY INCREASE AND BENEFITS OPTIONS UPON COMPANY HIRE!****