Property Maintenance Technician: Lewes, DE
Posted: September 18, 2018
Category: Maintenance, Property Maintenance
Currently seeking individual for Property Maintenance Technician position in Lewes, DE…
The Maintenance Technician will maintain the physical condition of the property to the highest possible standard and will perform preventative and routine maintenance tasks under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Entsure that the work orders and service requests are completed in a courteous, timely and efficient manner and coordinate work schedules with the Property Manager.
- Perform “make-ready” tasks such as painting and cleaning of vacant units.
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and Plumbing
- AC and heating systems
- Appliance repair
- Repair/replace door locks
- Drywall and minor carpentry
- Assist with grounds work.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
- Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter shut offs, all apartment shut offs and sewer clean outs.
- Repair concrete masonry, roofing and fencing when required.
- Assist with the preparation of specifications and acquiring bids from contractors.
- Determine when work orders exceed the scope of the Maintenance Department and make recommendations.
- Perform after hour emergency calls.
- Assists with scheduled unit inspections.
- Perform regular inspections of property for safety and maintenance problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively and coherently.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, roofing and mechanical systems.
- Ability to establish and implement preventative maintenance programs that are effective and organized.
- Ability to use basic power and hand tools.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour